Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Studio, show and more...



(Chilling out in studio 406 and "Bleck" from the secret series-2 acrylic on canvas)


I haven't posted in awhile with everything going on. I am packing, getting ready to move to Stafford (closer to the studio)..I still teach art at the homeless shelter on Tuesdays..I am trying to put the necessary hours into the new studio..work..and raising a 9 year old.

A lot of stuff has been happening this year...cool shiz. Like, obviously I got accepted into the Lorton Workhouse Arts Center and moved in March to studio 406 in building 4. I got asked to be in the UAS magazine, so as soon as I get my shiz together...I'll be sending that off. And last minute, I got asked to do a solo exhibit at Horseshoes & Handgrenades in FXBG. After getting the boot from the FXBG arts scene...I totally wasn't expecting THAT!

So far, I have been working in the studio Saturday and Sunday from like 11ish-7ish. Please feel free to stop by and check things out although after grabbing a bunch of stuff from the walls and throwing them into the solo exhibit, there isn't much left. Working on some stuff now.

Also, it looks like the artists of Building 4 will be putting on a Pride Art Show in June. There already seems to be a lot of planning and hardwork going into this so I bet it will be a good'un! I have completed one of my pieces for the show already and have heard tale of some of the other stuff that will be exhibited. Excited to see them all!

Make sure you make it down, up, over, whatever to FXBG this Friday for the show. If anything it'll give me the chance to interact with adults for 3 hours and totally looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment